How do I manage my US employees’ taxes?

International businesses that hire US workers must make federal, state and local payroll tax payments to the government. You will also need to file reports and informational returns. There may also be state requirements as well, which will vary depending on the location of your business.

If you’re an international business operating in the USA, you’ll be responsible for paying federal payroll tax to the government:

  • you’ll most likely file tax returns on a quarterly or annual basis
  • deposits will be made on a periodic basis

In order to do this, you’ll need to obtain a Federal Employer ID number from the Internal Revenue Service. Tax agencies will generally inform you with what you need to do next, supplying you with information and instructions about your obligations regarding taxes and returns.

Ask us a question

Ask Us

Latest News

Unusual American Expressions

If there’s one thing that’s becoming more prevalent in UK offices, it’s the frequency of which we hear Americanism expressions spoken by British colleagues. Idioms such as “boiling the ocean” and “diving into the weeds” appear to be ever-more commonplace (particularly in corporate environments or marketing circles), so much so that many of us use...

All News