How do I employ a worker in the USA?

If you want to hire an employee in the US, you will need to first form a subsidiary company. Once you have formed a subsidiary company and obtained a Federal Tax ID Number, you can start the process of researching, interviewing and hiring employees.

Hiring an employee in the US if your business is located overseas is possible, but it is a complicated and lengthy process. First, you’ll need to form a subsidiary company and obtain a Federal Tax Identification Number. Once this is complete, you can begin the process of researching, interviewing and hiring employees. However, you’ll need to do this all remotely, which can have cost and time implications, as well as possible problems with performance and suitability. You will also need to set up a payroll system, manage benefits for your employees, remit payroll taxes to the IRS, and comply with US employment laws.

You can avoid all of this by using Foothold America to hire and manage employees on your behalf. And, we’ll even administer payroll and take care of benefits and HR issues for a monthly fee too.

Ask us a question

Ask Us

Latest News

Unusual American Expressions

If there’s one thing that’s becoming more prevalent in UK offices, it’s the frequency of which we hear Americanism expressions spoken by British colleagues. Idioms such as “boiling the ocean” and “diving into the weeds” appear to be ever-more commonplace (particularly in corporate environments or marketing circles), so much so that many of us use...

All News