Establishing a US presence

Get answers to your questions and take the first step toward US business expansion.

What is a US subsidiary, and do I need one to operate my business in the USA?

If you plan to operate your business in the USA and be the Employer of Record (also known as the Direct employer) for your US employees, you will need to form a subsidiary company. A subsidiary is a distinct legal entity that is more than 50% controlled by a parent company. Because a subsidiary is a separate legal entity, the liabilities, taxation, and regulations are also treated distinctly, limiting exposure to your parent company. There are a number of different types of subsidiaries you can establish in the US, such as LLC (Limited Liability Company), C Corporations, Non-profit (also known as 501(c)(3)) or LLP (Limited Liability Partnerships). Find out more about our Entity Setup Service and how we can help you establish your US subsidiary. 


Contact Us

Request a quote, talk with our US expansion experts or ask any questions. We will get back to you in less than 24 hours.