How can I employ a US worker without creating a subsidiary?

If you want to hire an employee in the US directly for your business, you’ll need to set up a subsidiary company first. This is because you’ll need to incorporate your company in the US first, and then apply for a Federal Tax ID Number. Establishing a subsidiary will enable you to lawfully hire employees.

The key thing to know is that you’ll need to establish a subsidiary company for your business if you want to hire an employee. This is because it’s the only way to obtain a Federal Tax ID number: something you’ll need in order to lawfully hire workers.

However, there is an alternative way to have US employees working for your business. Using Foothold America’s services, you can have talent on the ground in a matter of days as we hire employees on your behalf. This means that you can have US workers without the expense of forming a US entity.

Ask us a question

Ask Us

Latest News

The Similarities and Differences of the Work Culture in the United Kingdom vs America

Given that we share a common history, love the same pop culture and enjoy a special relationship, you’d be forgiven for thinking that British and American workers would have a great deal in common. However, as we’ve discussed previously, there are many ways in which we’re poles apart: Americans well and truly work in the...

All News